A Microsoft app for iOS and Android devices that enables authentication with two-factor verification, phone sign-in, and code generation
It sounds like you're experiencing a common issue with the Microsoft Authenticator app where it prompts you to enter a code that you cannot access because you're trying to log in to the app itself. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this:
- Alternative Sign-In Method: If you have any alternative methods for signing in (like SMS or email), try using those to access your account.
- Reset Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): If you are the administrator of your account, you can reset your MFA settings. This can often be done through the Microsoft Entra Admin Center by selecting your user account and requiring re-registration for MFA.
- Contact Support: If you're unable to resolve the issue, you may need to contact Microsoft support. Since you mentioned this is for a work account, reaching out to your IT department or Microsoft support directly may be necessary to regain access.
- Trial Tenant: If you are the sole administrator and cannot access support, consider creating a trial Microsoft 365 tenant to submit a support ticket regarding your locked account.
These steps should help you navigate the issue you're facing with the Microsoft Authenticator app.
References:
- I cant log in to my business account because it is requiring Authenticator app which I do not have - Microsoft Q&A
- Microsoft authenticator sending me into a spiral - Microsoft Q&A
- I have a Micrsoft business account and I am the admin and the only user registered under this account. I can't log in because i have replaced my phone and the authenticator doesn't work. - Microsoft Q&A