Account Was Compromised. Can I see if someone viewed my one drive files?

BTubbs 0 Reputation points
2026-02-24T16:13:46.03+00:00

I had my onedrive account compromised. (multiple successful logins from around the world). I hadn't realized I had tax information in my one drive folders. Is there a way I can view their activity in a more detailed way? Like if they accessed my onedrive or what files they viewed?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-24T16:13:57.24+00:00

    Yes, you can view the activity related to your OneDrive files, especially if you suspect that your account has been compromised. Microsoft 365 provides activity reports that can help you understand how your OneDrive account has been used.

    To check the activity of your OneDrive files, you can access the OneDrive activity report in the Microsoft 365 admin center. This report will show you various metrics, including:

    • The last activity date for files in your OneDrive.
    • The number of files viewed or edited.
    • Any files that have been shared internally or externally.

    To access the OneDrive activity report, follow these steps:

    1. In the admin center, go to the Reports > Usage page.
    2. Select the OneDrive button in the left navigation.
    3. You can view activities in the report by choosing the Activity tab.

    This report can help you identify if any unauthorized access has occurred and which files were accessed during that time.

    Additionally, if you want to investigate further, you can perform an audit log search to find specific activities related to your OneDrive account, including sign-ins and file access.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.