I am trying to set up Microsoft on my new computer

Lynn Taylor 0 Reputation points
2026-02-23T19:27:01.0833333+00:00

Hello,

I just got a new laptop and I was trying to set up my microsoft account to be able to use the features for work. Unfortunately when I log in it is not showing my current subscription as active, which in later this year before it expires. I really need to get to a representive to get this set up and fixed as this is my source of income to complete needed tasks and paperwork.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-23T19:27:11.7+00:00

    To resolve the issue with your Microsoft account not showing your current subscription as active, you can follow these steps:

    1. Check Subscription Status: Go to account.live.com and log in with your Microsoft account. Verify that your subscription is indeed active.
    2. Sign In Correctly: Ensure that you are signing into the correct Microsoft account that has the subscription associated with it.
    3. Update License in Apps: Open any Office application (like Word or Excel), go to File > Account, and click on Update License. Log in again if prompted.

    If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance, especially since this is critical for your work tasks.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.