I did a recovery in my mobile and I lost the accounts in Authenticator

gorka ruiz pérez 5 Reputation points
2026-02-20T11:45:15.4666667+00:00

I did a recovery in my mobile and I lost the accounts that I have in my authenticator. And I can't added again because I can't enter in the web page to have a new QR because I need the code from Google authenticator

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-20T11:45:26.6766667+00:00

    If you've lost access to your accounts in the Microsoft Authenticator app due to a mobile recovery, and you can't log in to the website to generate a new QR code, you may need to follow these steps:

    1. Use Backup Recovery Options: If you had set up any backup recovery options (like SMS or email), try to use those to regain access to your account.
    2. Contact Microsoft Support: Since you are unable to log in, you may need to contact Microsoft support directly for assistance. As you mentioned, you might have to navigate through the support hotline. Make sure to explain that you are the sole administrator and are locked out of your account.
    3. Create a New Trial Tenant: If contacting support is difficult, consider creating a new trial Microsoft 365 tenant. This will allow you to access the Admin Center and submit a support ticket regarding your locked account. Ensure you cancel the trial once your issue is resolved to avoid any charges.
    4. Identity Verification: Be prepared to verify your identity and administrative rights when contacting support. They may ask for details about your locked account and the issues you are experiencing.

    Following these steps should help you regain access to your accounts or at least get in touch with someone who can assist you further.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.