Can’t access MFA code for account I have removed

2026-02-18T13:36:35.52+00:00

I use MFA for work email. With the work email, I am able to log in to a trusted third party site that I also use for work. So, I have 2 MFA with the same work email account but for different platform. Let’s refer to work email as A and work email third party site as B. Few months back I removed B from my iPad MFA as I wanted to log it into my phone. Right now, I am unable to log into B as it required code from the MFA, which I can no longer access. I have tried to reset my access from the third party platform, but have failed. Is there a way for me to be able to access the B MFA ?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-18T13:36:47.91+00:00

    To regain access to the MFA code for the third-party site (B), you will need to reset your MFA settings for that specific account. Here are some steps you can take:

    1. Contact Support: Reach out to the support team of the third-party platform (B) and explain your situation. They may have specific procedures in place to help you regain access to your account.
    2. Account Recovery Options: Check if the third-party site offers any account recovery options, such as email verification or security questions, that might allow you to reset your MFA settings.
    3. Reinstall MFA App: If you still have access to your MFA app, try reinstalling it and setting up the account again. You may need to use a backup method if available.
    4. Use Alternate Verification Methods: If the third-party site allows, try using any alternate verification methods (like SMS or email) to access your account temporarily while you resolve the MFA issue.

    If these options do not work, you may need to wait for the support team to assist you further in resetting your MFA settings for account B.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.