My problem is NOT a license transfer It's an unauthorized Primary Alias change and account hijacking. [Minecraft]

paraxtinz 0 Reputation points
2026-02-17T17:18:23.92+00:00

I understand that Microsoft does not support 'transferring' licenses between accounts. However, my situation is different

I am not trying to move my game from one account to another. My original account (the one I've used for 7 years) was stolen.

I think hacker accessed my account, added their own email as the Primary Alias, and then removed my original email from that account.

The Result is account with my 7-year Minecraft history and license still exists, but it's now under the hacker's email. When I recovered my email address, I accidentally created a new Xbox account, empty account because my email was no longer linked to the original one. (so my minecraft account when I login with my original email it show that this email doesn't have minecraft account)

Since my email was removed as an alias, can you verify the Alias History of that period? I want to regain access to the original account identity, not transfer the license to this new empty account.

(I migrated from Mojang to this specific account years ago. Is there any way to use my Migration History as proof of ownership since I don't have the original receipt)

and it is possible to transfer primary alias on hacker email to my original email (transfer current minecraft email that hacker use to original minecraft email thats belong to me)

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-17T17:18:34.9133333+00:00

    It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation with your Microsoft account and Minecraft. Unfortunately, if your account has been compromised and the primary alias has been changed by the hacker, recovering access can be quite difficult. Here are some steps you can take:

    1. Microsoft Account Recovery: Since you mentioned that your email was removed as an alias, you may want to try the Microsoft account recovery process again. You can use the official Microsoft troubleshooter guide for recovering hacked accounts, which may provide additional options for proving ownership.
    2. Minecraft Support: Given that your account is linked to Minecraft, reaching out to Minecraft Support could be beneficial. They may have specific procedures for dealing with account hijacking and might be able to assist you in recovering your account.
    3. Migration History: If you migrated your account from Mojang, you might be able to use your migration history as proof of ownership. Providing any relevant details from that migration could help in your case.
    4. Alias History Verification: Unfortunately, Microsoft does not typically provide a way for users to verify alias history directly. However, you can mention this in your communications with support to see if they can assist you further.
    5. No Transfer of Alias: Microsoft does not allow the transfer of aliases between accounts, so transferring the primary alias from the hacker's email back to your original email is not an option.

    It's important to act quickly and provide as much information as possible to support teams to help them assist you effectively. Good luck with your recovery efforts!

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.