I can't delete account.

Sebastian Orjuela Luna 0 Reputation points
2026-02-16T14:59:49.7266667+00:00

I'm trying to delete some old accounts from Microsoft authenticator, however is unable to delete, do you know how can I do it?

Thanks!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-16T14:59:58.13+00:00

    To delete a verifiable credential from the Microsoft Authenticator, follow these steps:

    1. Open the Microsoft Authenticator app.
    2. Select the credential card you want to delete to view its details.
    3. Tap on the trash can icon located in the upper right corner.
    4. Confirm the deletion prompt.

    Please note that deleting a credential is an irrevocable process, meaning once you delete it, you cannot recover it and will need to go through the issuance process again if you want to add it back.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.