Can't access to Azure and intune due to tenant inactivity!

Lokesh Malik 0 Reputation points
2026-02-13T12:01:46.1166667+00:00

Hi everyone! I’m running into an issue with my Azure account and could use some guidance.

I have a personal Azure tenant linked to my personal Microsoft account that I haven’t used for about 3–4 years. Recently, I tried to sign back in to use Azure and Intune for a school project, but I’m unable to access anything.

When attempting to sign in, I receive the following error:

Sign-in failed Error code: interaction_required Error message: AADSTS5000225: This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity. To learn more about tenant lifecycle policies, see https://aka.ms/TenantLifecycle Trace ID: 0d26d5f3-804a-47e3-b30d-aa7b204ce700 Correlation ID: 019c56c6-9771-7cf9-9b6a-8811c3c552ea Timestamp: 2026-02-13 11:33:04Z

Because of this, I can’t access the Azure Portal, Microsoft Intune, or Azure tied to that tenant.

To work around the issue, I tried creating a new Azure subscription using the Pay-As-You-Go option with the same personal Microsoft account. . However, when I sign in again, Azure still redirects me to the old tenant and shows the same “tenant blocked due to inactivity” error.

So at the moment, both Azure and Intune appear inaccessible because the login keeps resolving to the blocked tenant, even though a new subscription exists under the same account.

Is there a way to regain access to Azure services (especially Azure and Intune) using my current personal account without creating an entirely new Microsoft account? Has anyone dealt with a tenant being blocked due to inactivity and successfully recovered it or switched to the new tenant?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Artifact Signing
Artifact Signing

A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-13T12:02:00.33+00:00

    To regain access to your Azure services after encountering the AADSTS5000225 error, which indicates that your tenant has been blocked due to inactivity, you can follow these steps:

    1. Reactivate Your Tenant: If your tenant has been inactive, you can request reactivation within 20 days of it becoming inactive. You should reach out to Microsoft support for assistance with this process. You can find the global support phone numbers on the Microsoft support website.
    2. Use a Different Browser or Incognito Mode: Sometimes, the sign-in session may still be linked to the inactive tenant. Try signing out completely and then signing in again using a different browser or an incognito/private browsing session to avoid cached credentials.
    3. Upgrade Your Account: If you are prompted to upgrade your account to a pay-as-you-go plan, ensure that you follow the necessary steps to do so. This may help in accessing your services again.
    4. Create a New Tenant: If reactivation is not possible and you want to continue using Azure and Intune, consider creating a new tenant. However, note that you might need to manage the transition of services and data accordingly.
    5. Avoid Multiple Requests: If you have already submitted a support request, refrain from submitting another while waiting for a response to avoid confusion.

    By following these steps, you should be able to regain access to your Azure services or transition to a new tenant if necessary.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.