Login blocked due to shared computer but I am on home laptop on home network

Charlie Hall 0 Reputation points
2026-02-13T09:08:11.5433333+00:00

I am trying to log into Microsoft 365 on a new computer but it is blocking me because it says I am on a shared network. Yesterday I was on a shared network but today I am at home on my home network. I have tried restarting. How can I log on?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-13T09:08:22.69+00:00

    If you're experiencing issues logging into Microsoft 365 because it indicates you're on a shared network, even when you're at home, you can try the following steps:

    1. Check Network Settings: Ensure that your home network is properly configured and that there are no restrictions in place that might cause it to be recognized as a shared network.
    2. Use a Different Browser or Clear Cache: Sometimes, browser settings or cached data can cause issues. Try using a different browser or clearing the cache of your current browser.
    3. Sign In After Some Time: If you were previously on a shared network, it may take some time for the system to recognize that you are now on a different network. Wait for a while and try logging in again.
    4. Run the Microsoft 365 Sign-in Troubleshooter: You can use the Microsoft 365 sign-in troubleshooter to help identify and resolve sign-in issues. This tool can be found in the Get Help app on Windows.
    5. Contact Support: If the problem persists, consider reaching out to Microsoft support for further assistance.

    These steps should help you resolve the login issue you're facing.

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.