Microsoft Tech agent just destroyed my computer

Youngnetflix 20 Reputation points
2026-02-08T00:01:23.29+00:00

I just allowed a Microsoft tech agent in a support chat take control of my computer. I watched all the way until a black screen with bios stating a failed install. My computer was fully functional….now I can no longer get past windows boot menu. I gave them my number in case we were disconnected, no attempt has been made to contact me. I emailed him, and nothing. So now here I am stuck with a computer that the agent destroyed beyond repair. I message another agent and after an hour “Hana” told me I would need to use a clean usb reinstall. Here’s the kicker, I have three brand new USB’s with the newest version of windows 11 on all of them. None of them are working through reboot. That’s the entire reason I reached out in the first place. So now I don’t even have a computer. There’s no way this is legal. Please DO NOT ALLOW SUPPORT TO ACCESS YOUR COMPUTER!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Answer accepted by question author
Wanets 135 Reputation points
2026-02-08T09:24:54.9133333+00:00

Dear Youngnetflix,

Welcome to Microsoft Q&A.


It appears the Microsoft Tech support agent has misconfigured your device. We recommend reporting this problem to the Microsoft Global Support Website. They might help by reinstalling your device and decreasing the cases of such misconfiguration.

Hope this helps,

Wanets


If the answer is helpful, please kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".   

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.