0x80860010 error microsoft account problem

Chihab LAARAYCHY 0 Reputation points
2026-01-27T10:29:11.2266667+00:00

I think the 0x80860010 error is podcastic and discussive. It only gets people talk about how to "probably" fix the problem, but the problem won't fix no matter what. the original cause for this problem is the clean install I performed. before, my computer disk space was extremely full that it will be closed. I decided to clean install the system to free up a significant amount of space. when i finished clean installing, I had a large room in the disk space. however, this was paid. I paid windows update to have a windows update problem in which updates always failed to install when they reach a certain installing percentage and that problem was fixed using fix this problem using windows update that reinstalls the current windows 11 version, and before this, I factory reset my computer but it rolled back to W 11 v 21h2 then i performed an in-place upgrade to the latest version and the windows update persisted against that. and the other thing that I paid when I clean installed is the permanent Microsoft Account Problem taht starts with a notification and ends with 0x80860010 error. I tried bunch of solutions, made podcasts with AI tools like Copilot (not in voice but in text mode), searched the web and many things, but the error will nor resolve no matter what I do. then I decided to ignore it and tried to convince myself that this error appears even if VMs when we install a fresh windows installation and it also appears in Xbox which is a gaming consol. not a computer to do professional or productive tasks. and I convinced myself to ignore it. Clean installing windows is paid. nor in the concrete sense but we pay other things that worked. I mean we resolve a problem with other bigger problems. Windows is problematic. not like macOS which appears like a mobile phone (open work close) windows sometimes surprises with problems that sometimes should be ignored. like phone link. recently, I noticed that link to windows and phone link connect and disconnect multiple times a day. and this problem, too, won't resolve. it's permanent. unless you buy a new fresh phone with the latest version.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-01-27T10:29:28.01+00:00

    The 0x80860010 error typically indicates a problem with your Microsoft account or issues related to Windows updates. Given your description of performing a clean install and encountering various problems, it seems that the error could be linked to the account setup or the update process itself.

    Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

    1. Check Microsoft Account Status: Ensure that your Microsoft account is active and that you can log in without issues. Sometimes, account-related problems can trigger such errors.
    2. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Windows Update. This can help identify and fix issues related to Windows updates.
    3. Reset Windows Update Components: You can manually reset the Windows Update components by running commands in Command Prompt as an administrator. This includes stopping services, renaming folders, and restarting services related to Windows Update.
    4. Check for Corrupted System Files: Use the System File Checker tool by running sfc /scannow in Command Prompt. This can help repair any corrupted files that might be causing the issue.
    5. Consider a Repair Install: If problems persist, you might want to consider performing a repair install of Windows 11, which can fix system issues while keeping your files and applications intact.

    If these steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to reach out to Microsoft Support for further assistance, as they can provide more tailored troubleshooting based on your specific situation.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.