2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) will not install. Any suggestions?

Jon Buuck 545 Reputation points
2025-12-09T22:22:56.5733333+00:00

I've downloaded 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) three times, and each time it fails to install. Any suggestions or is this a problem with the update. My computer is a week old.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. 林宗昇 8,360 Reputation points
    2025-12-17T09:28:27.5+00:00

    Hopefully, Microsoft can resolve the installation failure issue of the December 2025 security update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) by early next year, allowing us to install the update smoothly. Stop focusing solely on AI development; start solving problems. Microsoft seems inadequate in this regard.

    I was also able to successfully upgrade to 25H2My laptop runs Windows 24H2.

    OS configuration: 26100.7309

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Mulldog 30 Reputation points
    2025-12-16T15:44:53.8533333+00:00

    Will Microsoft be issuing a fix for this soon? I did a reset, and it took me ages to get my drivers and my printer working again.

    I'm not very tech-savvy, so I won't be trying anything else that eats into my working day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.

  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Naatu 15 Reputation points
    2025-12-12T14:55:32.0033333+00:00

    I finally solved the problem 🎉 I tried many different things before I stumbled on this solution:

    • Press WIN + R → run optionalfeatures.exe
    • Enable .NET Framework 3.5 and install it
    • Restart your PC
    • After the reboot, click Retry on the update
    • It will go to 100% and then require another restart

    After the second restart, the update 2025-12 Security Update (KB5072033) (26200.7462) finally installed successfully!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

  5. Yoram Burg 130 Reputation points
    2025-12-10T20:40:24.9166667+00:00

    Final update from me: solution # 2 in this video did the trick for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D_EvSASF6A

    But..... then the Update came back?!?! ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.