Remove authenticator from other account that I got locked out of.

Béla Pocsai 0 Reputation points
2025-11-19T17:49:26.01+00:00

I cannot access a Microsoft account that I need cause I own games on it.

My phone got stolen early this year that had my authenticator to ******@gmail.com Microsoft account. The original email is <Mod remove PII> ( The one I can receive recovery codes to. )

I do not know the password, it probably had a type when I made it as the one I have saved for it doesn't work, but since I had an authenticator set up I didn't need to use it before it got lost. I do not have the authenticator remover code, since I just got the phone that got stolen and only had it stored locally as my cloud storage was full at the time.

The site to recover the password, https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx, doesn't work no matter how many times I try, even from different browsers, or even different devices and networks.

I reached out to the live chat support, but since I got my account locked out in the process of trying to recover it, they couldn't help, but they sent me here to reach out to remove the inaccessible authenticator from the profile.

If needed I can provide more information about the profile to prove ownership.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.