Why am I receiving TWO one-time passcodes when trying to authenticate into a Microsoft Sharepoint folder and what can I do to fix it?

Shean Phelps 0 Reputation points
2025-11-13T20:32:46.2866667+00:00

I have two Microsoft accounts and have run into problems using either of them to access a Microsoft Sharepoint folder (provided and maintained by an outside party). It seems that in the past I was able to gain entry, but now, each time I try to access the Sharepoint folder(s) I am prompted to use Microsoft Authenticator. When I do so I receive TWO "one-time passcodes" from the Authenticator app but neither one works.

I AM able to log in and access my Microsoft account(s) [one is via an @ymail.com email address and the other is via an @gmail.com email address] to view or manipulate my security credentials but when I try to access the previously mentioned Microsoft Sharepoint folder, the system (Microsoft) does not recognize my login information.

I've tried to see if I can delete one or both Microsoft accounts but I keep getting the message that I have to contact my "work" organization . . . neither email account is tied to any work group or org. I've tried, multiple times, to use the password recovery steps (it doesn't seem to be a problem with my password, btw) and to reach out to "Contact-Microsoft Support" but all I get is in a computer "doom loop" bringing me back to the same troubleshooting tips/links that are unhelpful!

Any ideas or suggestions? Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.