Unable to update the phone number as 2FA

Lim Ja Shen 0 Reputation points
2025-11-07T16:57:54.04+00:00

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

Good day. I am writing to request technical assistance regarding an issue I am facing when trying to add my Malaysian mobile number to my Microsoft account for verification and security purposes.

When I select Malaysia (+60) from the country list and enter my phone number, the system displays the following error message:

“We don't support that country code. Use an email instead.”

I have verified that my account region is set to Malaysia, and I have entered the number in the correct format. Despite this, the system still rejects the number.

Kindly assist to check whether this is a regional restriction or a technical error, and advise on how I can successfully add my Malaysian phone number for account verification.

Thank you for your attention and support.

Best regards, Lim Ja Shen (Microsoft account email ending with @outlook.my) (Mobile number starts with +60-12...)

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.