New phone and can’t access Authenticator app

Dany Ilhan 0 Reputation points
2025-11-04T08:32:26.2233333+00:00

I recently got a new phone and since then I haven’t been able to use the Microsoft Authenticator app. When I try to sign in, the only verification option shown is the Authenticator app. Unfortunately, I don’t receive any notification or code there, and there’s no way to choose SMS or email verification instead. I’m now completely locked out of my account.

It keeps asking me to approve the sign-in through the Authenticator app and shows me a code that I’m supposed to confirm there — but nothing ever appears in the app. Even when I try to add a new account in the app, it asks for Authenticator verification again! I am the only Admin and I have a private and a business account - both have the same problem. I’m getting really desperate.

I’ve already tried:

Reinstalling the Authenticator app

Enabling cloud backup

Using my phone number on the account

  • Contacting phone support in Austria (no success coming through so far)

kind regards, DANY ILHAN

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.