My Authenticator Is Not Working Correctly

丰源 杨 0 Reputation points
2025-10-31T06:29:27.4633333+00:00

I am a TikTok merchant. Recently, I was delighted to switch from an Android phone to an iPhone 17, but now I’m facing an issue. My TikTok account uses an authenticator for two-step verification (2FA). However, since Android and iPhone do not support cloud synchronization for authenticator apps, I had to re-bind my 2FA on the new device. After re-binding, I even verified that the verification codes generated on both phones matched—which they did. So, I proceeded confidently, reset my old phone to factory settings, and returned it to Apple for recycling.

But yesterday, when I tried to log into my TikTok shop, I was prompted for the two-step verification code. I used the authenticator on my new phone, but it didn’t work! No matter how many times I tried, TikTok kept telling me that my verification code was incorrect.

I contacted TikTok support, and they suggested that I reach out to you for assistance. I earnestly request your prompt help—my customers are waiting for their orders to be shipped!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.