ACS Phone Number Configuration

SunnyT 0 Reputation points
2025-10-31T03:35:15.9133333+00:00

Hi

I have successfully set up MS Teams Direct Routing with my SBC and am now looking to implement it using Azure Communication Service (ACS). I have created the FQDN for Direct Routing, and its status is showing as "Online."

However, when I attempt to create a phone number in ACS under Telephony and SMS > Phone Numbers, I notice that the "Get" button is greyed out, and no "Trial phone number" is available on that page.

I conducted the following two call tests:

Call from Azure to SBC: When I try to make a phone call, it returns an error: "Call failed. Please review the phone numbers or try again later."

Call from SBC to Azure: This returns the message: "Q.850;cause=31 - Callee did not have reachable endpoints on non-trouter notification channel."

I have a couple of questions:

Can I create a self-defined number in ACS? If so, why is the "Get" button greyed out on the Phone Number page?

In MS Teams Direct Routing, a "Phone Standard License" is required to assign a number to an end user. How does this process work in ACS?

Thank you in advance

I have successfully set up MS Teams Direct Routing with my SBC and am now looking to implement it using Azure Communication Service (ACS). I have created the FQDN for Direct Routing, and its status is showing as "Online."

However, when I attempt to create a phone number in ACS under Telephony and SMS > Phone Numbers, I notice that the "Get" button is greyed out, and no "Trial phone number" is available on that page.

I conducted the following two call tests:

Call from Azure to SBC: When I try to make a phone call, it returns an error: "Call failed. Please review the phone numbers or try again later."

Call from SBC to Azure: This returns the message: "Q.850;cause=31 - Callee did not have reachable endpoints on non-trouter notification channel."

I have a couple of questions:

Can I create a self-defined number in ACS? If so, why is the "Get" button greyed out on the Phone Number page?

In MS Teams Direct Routing, a "Phone Standard License" is required to assign a number to an end user. How does this process work in ACS?

Thank you in advance

Sunny

Azure Communication Services

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.