Login and Authenticator Circular

KO 0 Reputation points
2025-10-30T16:00:38.0733333+00:00

Hello.

Recently my Outlook Mobile and Office 365 disconnected requiring me to submit login credentials. After re-entering login credentials I was pushed to the Authenticator app where a two digit code pops up telling to enter it in the Outlook Mobile app. The only issue is the mobile app doesn't prompt with a window to enter the two digit code. Using a second mobile device with Authenticator installed is useless as well, never get prompted to enter the code.

I have deleted/reinstalled all apps, restarted the phone (several times), looked at another method to get authenticated but it also requires authentication (geesh), clock is set correctly, etc. It's maddening and should be so much easier.

How can this be fixed? Seems I am stuck in an effort that has no end, just circles back to the same issue.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.