Why am I getting messages that my Cloud is out of Storage? And why is Child tag not accepting anything?

Ruth Sandon 135 Reputation points
2025-10-30T13:19:48.2433333+00:00

First, know that these emails are appearing in my JUNK mail, so I do not open them or even click on them. But it is everyday. Now my Desktop W-11 is just a bit over a year old, so I know I am not out of Storage anywhere. But I have put here screen snips to show what I am getting and what my Storage level is. My question is, should I continue to ignore them and just EMPTY Junk Mail as I currently do?Stoirage amount

User's image

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2025-10-31T01:08:29.3066667+00:00

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Q&A Forum. I understand you’re receiving repeated emails claiming your cloud storage is full.

These messages are most likely phishing attempts. Here’s what you should do:

  • Do not click any links or attachments in those emails.
  • Report the emails as phishing using the Report Message option in Outlook. This helps improve Microsoft’s filters.
  • After reporting, you can empty your Junk folder as you’ve been doing. If the same sender persists, consider blocking the sender or creating a rule to delete similar messages.

Sorry for your inconvenient. If you need any assistance, feel free to ask me by clicking "Add Comment".

If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

Was this answer helpful?


0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.