Lost phone with Instagram Authenticator — how to bypass 2FA or recover login?

Nageshwar Mahanta 10 Reputation points
2025-10-27T07:07:00.8233333+00:00

Hi everyone, I set up two-factor authentication on my Instagram account using an authenticator app (Google Authenticator / Authy). Unfortunately, I’ve lost the phone that had my authenticator codes, and I didn’t save the backup codes.

I still have access to my Instagram username and password, but when I log in, it asks for the 2FA code, which I can’t access.

I’ve tried “Need more help?” on the login page, but I haven’t received a response yet.

Does anyone know:

  1. How to recover or disable two-factor authentication without the old authenticator?
  2. Whether Instagram’s support form for 2FA loss has a specific link or code-based recovery option?

Any help or working steps would be really appreciated. Thank you!

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.