How can I sign in to my school email if I’m not receiving verification codes in the Authenticator app and the option to use SMS doesn’t appear?

Moers, Pien 0 Reputation points
2025-10-23T13:46:16.3266667+00:00

Hi Microsoft team,

I’m trying to sign in to my school email, but I’m no longer receiving verification codes through the Microsoft Authenticator app. I recently switched to a new phone and initially thought that might be the cause. On the help page, I read that the app might still be active on my old phone and that the codes could be sent there.

I also read on the help page that if you can’t receive verification codes, you should choose another sign-in method such as SMS. However, that option doesn’t appear for me when I try to sign in.

I’ve already reset my old phone to factory settings, so I no longer have access to it. I’m not sure how to fix this issue or regain access to my account.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Pien Moers

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.