issues adding a personal account to the authenticator

Tudor Gherhardt 0 Reputation points
2025-10-22T19:22:43.39+00:00

Hello,

I am having the following issue.

I have Authenticator app on my phone on which I have one account that I used for work, linked with a work account.

I wanted to add a personal outlook account to the same app but I cant. After a choose add a personal account the app already proposes outlook personal address. All good up to hear.

Then I am asked to Sign in. If I click send notification it tells me to check the authenticator app, which I am already in so this is not working.

If I choose sign in by password, after I enter it, then I get Verify your identity, with 3 options:

  1. Approve a request using my Microsoft app - If I choose this it askes me to approve a code in the Authenticator or by e-mails. I dont get any e-mail and offcocuse nothing in the app as I am trying to create it.
  2. Use verification code from my mobile app. I dont get any notification in outlook.
  3. Text- I get no message via sms.

It seems a vicious circle where I am asked to verify something via the authenticator that I am trying to set us.

Can you please let me know how I can fix this , or what am I doing wrong ?

Thank you

Tudor

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.