Authenticator App unable to get codes

Amber 0 Reputation points
2025-10-21T16:51:01.7733333+00:00

I have the Microsoft Authenticator App for my work. I have used it for several years without issues but for the past several weeks it no longer would notify me of codes for logging in. I just tried signing out and resigning back in but now it won't allow me to verify my work account because it sends a code to the app, while I'm in the app, and I cannot get any codes while I'm on the approval screen. There is the option to cancel or "get codes." I try the Get Codes but no notices pop up because I can't verify my work account without the codes... its an endless loop now. When I go into my account settings it does not even allow me to change the way I get notifications to phone for this one time.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.