Microsoft Account / Recovery Phone # Compromised | Childhood Minecraft Account Gone | No Remedy

OctopusZulu 0 Reputation points
2025-10-20T18:50:55.3366667+00:00

I've been signed out of a Microsoft account associated with a transferred Java Minecraft account. The password that I had updated two months prior is no longer valid. The recovery phone number that it presents is not one I recognize. I've tried the recovery form twice, both times were insufficient.

There are three phone numbers for Microsoft support in the US that are toll free. There's a toll line, but I'm not paying to speak to an AI. When I answered the prompt on my first call, the AI told me to go to Microsoft's website. :/ Really? I hadn't thought of that. The next part is fun. When you call back, it recognizes the phone number, repeats the same line to go to the website, and hangs up. The other two numbers? Oh yeah, same thing. There are no other options. The recovery form asks for things that are completely irrelevant, and in my circumstances, don't exist to begin with. The only reason the account existed was because Microsoft bought Minecraft, and forced all the Java players to make an account. How on earth am I supposed to remember the subjects of emails I've never sent??

I'm being punished by a security system, because of the faults present in said security system!

This probably isn't the right place to ask, or complain about this, but as far as I can tell, there's no options or outlets anywhere. Anyone who can help, provide advice, anything, I'll take it. Heck, call me an idiot, I don't care. There is absolutely NO REASON any of this should be happening, but it is; and shocker, the customer is paying the consequences!

If this is happening to me, and its made me irate enough to make an account here and post all this, then it is likely happening to others. Other people like me that HAVE. NO. OPTIONS.

I can't wait for Microsoft to buy something else I love just to ruin it with tech bureaucracy.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.