Unable to Recover after switching phones

DeterminedSelf 5 Reputation points
2025-10-19T23:59:26.0633333+00:00

I've lost access to all my two-factor authentication codes because my authenticator app didn't transfer when I switched phones. When I tried the recovery process, it showed no backup was available, and I've already erased my old phone. While I can still access my basic Microsoft account and work account, I'm locked out of other important accounts like Ring. Since Ring requires a verification code from the authenticator app to log in, and I no longer have any devices with access to my Ring account, I'm currently locked out of my security system.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.