How can I bypass the portal/chat/phone loop to create an MCA billing account for my tenant?

Harrison Yuan 0 Reputation points
2025-10-18T02:31:23.8933333+00:00

Problem (short): Support case creation for billing in the Azure portal requires an existing Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA) billing account. My problem is I need help to create/enable the MCA for my tenant — but the portal, Support Assistant chat and phone IVR all loop me back to documentation and prevent opening a billing case.

Context (minimal & non-sensitive):

I’m the Global Admin for a corporate tenant that must have an MCA enabled to purchase/manage Azure & Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Attempts to create a billing account in the portal either fail or return documentation pages; chat tells me to call support; phone IVR loops back to the portal.

I cannot disclose tenant identifiers publicly here, but I will provide Tenant ID and admin contact privately to a Microsoft moderator/engineer once connected.

Question: What practical, proven steps can I use right now to bypass the portal/chat/phone loop and get a manual billing support ticket opened that results in MCA billing account creation for my tenant?

Specifically please advise:

Exact short phrasing (≤ 300 chars) to paste into Support Assistant chat that forces escalation to a live billing engineer.

Any public web form, contact method, or routing choices in the portal that reliably accept external customers (no existing MCA) and route to Azure Commerce/Billing engineering.

Any tips on which “service / problem type / subtype” selection in Entra/Azure support forms actually results in a manual case for billing enablement.

If you need to contact me privately: please request a moderator or Microsoft engineer to message me here — I will promptly provide Tenant ID and admin email for verification.

Thanks in advance for practical, tested solutions.Problem (short):

Support case creation for billing in the Azure portal requires an existing Microsoft Customer Agreement (MCA) billing account. My problem is I need help to create/enable the MCA for my tenant — but the portal, Support Assistant chat and phone IVR all loop me back to documentation and prevent opening a billing case.

Context (minimal & non-sensitive):

I’m the Global Admin for a corporate tenant that must have an MCA enabled to purchase/manage Azure & Microsoft 365 subscriptions.

Attempts to create a billing account in the portal either fail or return documentation pages; chat tells me to call support; phone IVR loops back to the portal.

I cannot disclose tenant identifiers publicly here, but I will provide Tenant ID and admin contact privately to a Microsoft moderator/engineer once connected.

Question:
What practical, proven steps can I use right now to bypass the portal/chat/phone loop and get a manual billing support ticket opened that results in MCA billing account creation for my tenant?

Specifically please advise:

Exact short phrasing (≤ 300 chars) to paste into Support Assistant chat that forces escalation to a live billing engineer.

Any public web form, contact method, or routing choices in the portal that reliably accept external customers (no existing MCA) and route to Azure Commerce/Billing engineering.

Any tips on which “service / problem type / subtype” selection in Entra/Azure support forms actually results in a manual case for billing enablement.

If you need to contact me privately: please request a moderator or Microsoft engineer to message me here — I will promptly provide Tenant ID and admin email for verification.

Thanks in advance for practical, tested solutions.

Cost Management
Cost Management

A Microsoft offering that enables tracking of cloud usage and expenditures for Azure and other cloud providers.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.