Unable to Sign Into Microsoft Account on New PC – “Password Incorrect” After Second Prompt
Hi,
I recently got a new PC and I’m trying to sign into my Microsoft account through the Windows 11 settings. I get through the first login step with my email and password, but when the second prompt appears saying “Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account,” I type in the exact same password and get this error message:
“The password you entered for your device is incorrect. Please try again.”
I’ve checked that the password works by signing in through a web browser, and it does. This only happens when I try to connect my Microsoft account to Windows on this new PC.
I’ve tried restarting, checking the keyboard layout, and making sure I’m using the right account, but it still won’t work.
Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?
Thanks, Ryan
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.