How can I access my Azure account when my authenticator is not working on new phone

Jonathan Foster 0 Reputation points
2025-10-14T06:58:49.1666667+00:00

I have tried adding and removing the authenticator app on my new iPhone multiple times, as well as adding and removing my account from the app. Also tried removing and adding the authenticator mechanism from my security settings.

From my account I've been through all the instructions to add the account via QR code and tried every option such as Two-Step verification on and off. When I turn it on, I get a dialogue on the iPhone which says to see more info or cancel, not sure if this should have an accept option at this point.

I also get the below error from the iPhone when scanning the QR code although it seems to succeed.

"The QR code has expired. To add your account sign in with your username and password instead"

My account is ******@hotmail.com

At present I have no access to my azure account which is crucial.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.