Microsoft account hacked — primary email changed, now recovery says "account doesn’t exist"

Nedjm 0 Reputation points
2025-10-12T04:07:32.1+00:00

Hello,

My personal Microsoft account was hacked recently. The attacker changed the primary email address connected to the account, and now when I try to recover it using the official form (https://account.live.com/acsr), I get a message that says:

“That Microsoft account doesn’t exist.”

I am still trying to regain access to my original account, which was:

<Mod remove PII> @gmail.com

I have already tried:

  • Microsoft’s account recovery form (it says the account doesn’t exist)
  • Searching my backup email for alerts (none found)
  • Using the “forgot username” tool — it returned an email address that is not mine
  • Going through the Microsoft Support page, but I’m not seeing a way to contact a real agent

I believe the account still exists, just under a different primary email set by the attacker.

Can someone from Microsoft Security or Support please assist — or direct me to a support contact who can handle hacked accounts when the primary alias/email has been changed?

Please contact me at:

<Mod remove PII> @gmail.com

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.