Lost access to Microsoft Authenticator and can’t sign in (2FA enabled)

Hamidreza Ghafouri 5 Reputation points
2025-10-09T20:21:11.4033333+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support Team,

I’m reaching out because my phone was suddenly damaged, and I lost access to my Microsoft Authenticator app.

My Outlook.com account has two-step verification enabled, so I’m currently unable to sign in on my new phone or access my security information page.

However, I’m still signed in to my account on my desktop browser, but I cannot manage or remove the two-step verification from there — every attempt to access my security info redirects me to sign in again, which requires the Authenticator I’ve lost.

Could you please escalate this case to the Microsoft Account Recovery or Escalation Team to help me reset or remove the old security information so I can sign in again from my new device?

Thank you very much for your assistance and understanding.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.