Unable to add account in Authenticator

Antara Dalal 0 Reputation points
2025-10-08T04:24:32.4233333+00:00

I recently changed my phone and I am unable to add my personal account in the authenticator. Everytime I go to my account settings and click on security a code is going to my old device which has been reset. When I use alternative options such as One time password to email, since it is a 2 step verification, I am asked to request a code to my mobile number. When I do so, I get a message saying that this method of verification is not working right now. I am facing this issue since the past 3 days and there is no way to contact Microsoft support to help out on this. Email one time password works only 3-4 times in a day.

How do I add my account in authenticator if it keeps asking for a code from the authenticator. Because you need authenticator to go to security settings, I am unable to add my account using the Scan QR option.

I am going in constant circles with no solution. If anyone can please help with this, I would really appreciate it.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.