Can anyone solve my Microsoft Authenticator access issues with a new phone to access SharePoint?

PR_Tech 0 Reputation points
2025-10-06T17:47:16.0433333+00:00

I have been having issues ever since I got a new phone with accessing a third-parties sharepoint drive with Microsoft. This deals with just authentication and access through the app – but its not working at all like its supposed too – and I am not even clearly what the issue is. 

For example, when accessing sharepoint, it tells me to use the app to give me a number for authentication - i open the app and gives me a random number like (2887 8528), but when i go back to sign in on Sharepoint - the numbers only go up to 288785 is the max number that can be registered for this to access this a account, so obviously the arrangement doesn't work.

Has anyone dealt with this issue and if so, how did you resolve it? I have tried several methods, so looking for anything that can be helpful. (redownloading app, updating, changing account passwords - don't think any of this can be helpful here)

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.