Authenticator locked because my old job email has been deactivated

Mark Regan 0 Reputation points
2025-10-02T08:53:20.1066667+00:00

OK so I have started a new job, set up my new works email with authenticator, BUT my old works account was controlling everything. This has now been disabled, I can open authenticator I have 3 accounts showing New Work, Old Work and Personal. To do anything it wants me yo log into my old account, it no longer exists, so I can't. I can't authenticate anything as I am receiving no messages. the 3 accounts just show account details if I open them, no pass codes available for anything.

How to I get in? if I try to reset the old work email it tells me the address is not recognised, so how to I get rid of it? I can't authenticate my new work account because nothing happens, if I try to remove the old work account it tries to log in, can't then tries to re-set password, can't endless loop of going no where.

Any bright ideas on how I can re-set everything? Migrate from the old work account to my personal one or new work? logging into anything is asking for a code from or in authenticator please help.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.