Subject: NOT receiving security code to my mobile for Hotmail recovery - Currently in Georgia

Bryan Roberts 0 Reputation points
2025-09-30T10:42:29.4033333+00:00

Hello,

I am locked out of my Hotmail account but have access to my recovery mobile number. The problem is I am not receiving the security code via SMS to my phone.

My Account Email: ******@hotmail.com

My Situation:

I am currently traveling in Georgia (the country).

When I select the option to "Send a code to my mobile," no code arrives. I have tried multiple times and waited.

I have checked my signal and restarted my phone.

Because I cannot get the code, I am forced to use the recovery form, which has also failed four times, likely due to my location.

Could a Microsoft Moderator please check what phone number is registered to my account and advise why the SMS codes are not being delivered? I can verify my identity and the correct phone number.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.