wsl2 installation error please help me out..

범진 김 0 Reputation points
2025-09-30T08:31:36.7333333+00:00

A few months ago, someone asked this question, and I have the same symptoms. I tried the suggested answer, but it didn’t solve the issue, so I’m posting again.

I'm currently using amd 350 ai 7 which supports virtualization.

I can't launch any of my WSL distros.


  • ✅ Virtualization is enabled in BIOS
  • ✅ Windows is fully updated
  • ✅ WSL, Virtual Machine Platform, and Hypervisor Platform features are enabled
  • ✅ wsl --list --verbose shows all my distros using version 2
  • ❌ But when I run wsl, I get the following error: WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration. Please enable the "Virtual Machine Platform" optional component and ensure virtualization is enabled in the BIOS. Enable "Virtual Machine Platform" by running: wsl.exe --install --no-distribution Error code: Wsl/Service/CreateInstance/CreateVm/HCS/HCS_E_HYPERV_NOT_INSTALLED

  • Confirmed features using:Copy
  dism.exe /online /get-features /format:table

All relevant features are Enabled:

  • VirtualMachinePlatform
    • Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
      • HypervisorPlatform
      • Attempted to enable Microsoft-Hyper-V-All, but received:Copy
                 javascriptCopierModifierError: 0x800f080c – Feature not recognized
      
      (which makes sense, since I’m on Windows 11 Home and Hyper-V is not available)
      • Ran wsl --shutdown, wsl --update, and wsl --set-default-version 2 with no improvement
      • .vhdx file still exists — my data is there — but WSL can’t boot

How can I fix this HCS_E_HYPERV_NOT_INSTALLED error on Windows 11 Home..

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.