2FA account recovery

Benjamin Allen 0 Reputation points
2025-09-29T09:44:45.46+00:00

Hi,

I have moved phones and my authenticator app has deactivated for my microsoft account. My password login has seemingly also been deactivated as I cant login with my password. When I try to reset my password i can enter my 2FA code generated in the authenticator app but when I enter my phone number I just get:

"Try another verification method

That verification method isn't working right now. Please try another method."

I have tried to submit an account recovery request and answered all the questions in the form, however, I immediately recieved an email with:

"It looks like you just used the Microsoft account recovery form (https://account.live.com/acsr?mkt=en-US) to request a password reset for []. Because you've turned on two-step verification for your account, we ignore these requests but wanted to let you know."

How can i get support with this and recover my account?

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.