How to reset password, stuck in a loop of getting blocked

patrickpayne 0 Reputation points
2025-09-27T14:10:28.1666667+00:00

I got a new phone and authenticator is not setup, so I tried to login to set it up but got my password in wrong and when I try to reset it asks me to two factor reset, I get a code to my alternate email and that works fine, but when I try to send a code to my phone it says that method isn't available right now and then if I try again says I have requested too many codes and try again tomorrow. I have tried for days and using multiple devices and browsers to make sure it's not an error on my end and every time it just does that. I have everything tied in to that account and need to regain access ASAP, the virtual assistant chat bot just tells me to reset my password and if I try to explain further it just says it's experiencing high volume and to ask my question again later. I am just stuck in a loop of Microsofts automated options not working like they are supposed to and them telling me to use their automated options. I tried account recovery and it says because I have two factor that I can't recover my account and have to use the password reset options. Wtf make it make sense, fix this.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.