Can't Log into Authenticator

Morris, Jadyn 5 Reputation points
2025-09-27T14:04:45.2933333+00:00

I got a new phone yesterday. I went to log into the company server on my work computer and as usual it sent me an Authenticator code. However, I needed to log into my account on my phone. When I went to do that, it prompted me to enter a code sent to the Authenticator app on my phone which of course would not work since that's what I was trying to do in the first place. It only lets me verify with an Authenticator app code, or a verification code which reroutes me back to the same Authenticator page asking me to verify the code in the app. There is no option to recover via iCloud, email, phone call, or text. I cannot submit an IT ticket with my company because I need to use Authenticator to log in for that. When I try to manage devices online it does not let me remove the old iPhone, and when I try to do the same in the app it only shows my new phone. I've tried deleting and redownloading the app several times. I can't get anywhere, what do I need to do? I need Authenticator to log in for every aspect of my job.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.