I'm locked out of my account due to the Microsoft authenticator and it won't accept my phone code. How do I get back in.

shelby m 0 Reputation points
2025-09-25T19:55:50.1366667+00:00

I had to get my phone fixed and it logged me out of everything. I had my saved password on my phone and didn't know they were resetting it completely. I reset it with an automated password so I cant remember it and it was in my notes which didn't save. I cant change my password without my authenticator log in and I cant log in at all. When I try with my phone code it sends it but it doesn't log in. It says try another way and gives me an option to go back. I already contacted Microsoft and they didn't help at all. They won't even contact me back or send updates and ive talked to them twice now. It's my and my kids Xbox and all my bills for my house I need to get back in asap. HELP

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.