NO Support for Microsoft Business 365 and false statements from the support associates and members of the data protection team

Shelby Payne 0 Reputation points
2025-09-24T15:50:49.1333333+00:00

I had full access to my Admin center for my business account, however I got a new phone and needed assistance in re-registering my authenticator app. I submitted a ticket on Thursday September, 11th. On Friday, September 12th, I was connected with a technician who remote accessed my account and attempted to re-register my authenticator. In attempting to do so, he logged me out of all of my accounts, including the admin center. I was told I would receive assistance from the Data Protection Team to regain access to my account (our backup global admin also could not access the account because of issues with the authenticator app). It has been 13 days now with no access to my email, one drive or any accounts I use to run my business. I have called support at least 16 different times now attempting to get help. I have been promised a call back and each day I receive nothing - yet I continue to call without any help. I was told my case had been assigned to an engineer, but he was unavailable. I was then told my case had not even been assigned. On September 15th, I was promised I would have access to my account by the end of the day, but that was a lie. On Tuesday, September 16th, I finally received communication from my support engineer and she verified my identity to unlock my account. She told me approval was required from the "back end team" and that it would be approved within 24 hours. 24 hours went by and still I had no access. I tried calling multiple times each day and I was told she was "unavailable" and that they were still waiting on approval from the back end team. On September 21st, I was able to reach a member of the data protection team who told me they had been informed several weeks ago that approval from the back end team would take 5 business days. He assured me that by Tuesday September 23rd my access would be restored because that is the 5th business day. I called on Tuesday and reached him again, he said my support engineer had been unavailable for the past two days but that he would request I be assigned to a new support engineer. He said I would get approval from the back-end team "today or tomorrow." It is now Wednesday September 24th and I am currently on hold and have been waiting one hour and 11 minutes to speak with someone to try and get answers. Microsoft has continued to make false promises of support to me each day and mislead me into believing they would fix my issue. Despite Microsoft's representation that it provides 24 hour support for business customers, it appears it does not. Each day without access further damages my business. I have contacted support through several different numbers, and even tried to reach Microsoft via social media messaging. I am left with no response, no answers, no support, and continued lies that my issue will be resolved "tomorrow." Please, if anyone can help, I am at a loss for what to do.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.