Unable to restore Microsoft Authenticator in iOS from iCloud Backup

David Kreutzer 15 Reputation points
2025-09-23T08:42:26.2+00:00

I'm trying to restore my Microsoft Authenticator App to my new phone. I have about 20 accounts on that.

I created an iCloud Backup on my old phone, and Microsoft Authenticator says it's successfully backed up.

However, when I open Microsoft Authenticator on my new phone, it only shows me one password (my Microsoft account). It doesn't seem to fetch all other accounts from iCloud.

iCloud is fully activated on my phone, and also other apps managed to successfully get restored from iCloud.

One thing what is remarkable:

On my new phone, in Settings, there is NO "iCould Backup" section. It exists on my old phone.

However, on my new phone, Settings -> iCloud -> Microsoft Authenticator: The slider is activated, so iCloud is fully activated for Authenticator on my new phone.

I've been diving through all kinds of docs and YouTube videos already, but no success.

I have also already deleted the app (several times), restarted my phone and tried it again. No success.

Please help.

Best regards,

David

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.