A Microsoft app for iOS and Android devices that enables authentication with two-factor verification, phone sign-in, and code generation
Locked out after losing Authenticator – only Global Admin
Hi Community,
I’m the only Global Admin for my Microsoft 365 tenant. I recently changed my domain UPNs and reconfigured accounts, but I lost access to the Microsoft Authenticator app that was registered for my admin account.
I requested to sign out of all sessions, and now I’m completely locked out — I cannot approve MFA prompts since the Authenticator app is gone. I don’t have any backup MFA methods configured (phone/SMS), and there is no second Global Admin account in my tenant.
When I try to log in, I only get the MFA request which I cannot complete.
Question:
What is the recommended way to regain access to my tenant in this situation? I understand Microsoft may require domain ownership verification (TXT record in DNS), but I’d appreciate step-by-step guidance or a direct way to reach support for account recovery.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
1 answer
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more