Auth Method locked for the single Global Admin account

Daniel Morrison 0 Reputation points
2025-09-15T09:25:02.0166667+00:00

I'm trying to sign into my client's Microsoft tenant but it seems the only auth method I have available is locked. This is the only Admin account on the tenant and we don't have GDAP linked with our tenant.
The only active auth method is Phone/SMS, linked to my number.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/2200691/unable-to-verify-identity-for-azure-login-error-39
I saw on this thread that the MFA could be unblocked via the Microsoft engineering team using the backend. Is anyone able to assist?
The account I'm logging the ticket with isn't linked to the tenant with the fault, if this information is needed, let me know what I can provide to help.

Error Code: 399287

Request Id: f39f9493-834d-45a1-999c-c9504b979000

Correlation Id: 64c103d5-3e68-400c-be26-ee18ddc42f64

Timestamp: 2025-09-15T08:18:02Z

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.