Thank you for the reply. First in the top right corner of this reply window there is a switch to turn “view markdown” on and off, what exactly is that?
It seems laptops no longer have a Microsoft label that tells you the version or key but according to the specs on the box it is supposed to be Windows 11 Home so i can check that once it is all setup. What should happen if it was Windows 11 Home?
I’ll pass this message along but I’m not sure they are going to feel comfortable stepping through these steps to remove the phoney account I created and then setting up their own account. It sure would be much simpler if Microsoft allowed you to just bypass this step and then the new owner could simply login to their Microsoft account and that would setup the new user account on the computer, but I know you don’t make those decisions, so once again thank you for your assistance. I just want to be sure I know what steps the new owner needs to take when they get the computer back.