Windows 11 24H2 – Elgato Wave Link virtual audio devices not showing up

Matt l 40 Reputation points
2025-08-21T01:37:09.6933333+00:00

Hi,

After updating to Windows 11 24H2, the default Elgato Wave Link devices ("Wave Link Stream" and "Wave Link Headset") no longer appear in the Windows Sound settings under Playback/Recording.

On Windows 11 23H2 everything worked fine. I could select "Wave Link Stream" as my default device and use it normally.

Now in 24H2, those two devices don’t show up at all. Only the custom channels I create in Wave Link (for example Game, Music, etc.) appear — but they are not usable as the main default device.

I’ve already tried reinstalling Wave Link, reinstalling drivers, resetting devices, restarting audio services, etc., but nothing works.

I also saw in other forums that other users are reporting the same issue with 24H2: apparently Windows is not creating the main virtual devices for some USB audio interfaces.

Please check this issue.

Thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

Answer accepted by question author
Francisco Montilla 30,725 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-08-21T04:07:24.08+00:00

Hi Matt,

As far as I could investigate, disabled endpoints are hidden more aggressively in the new Settings UI, and some virtual-audio drivers got tripped during the upgrade. The fastest way to bring back them is to re-enable them from the legacy Sound panel.

Press Win+R, type mmsys.cpl and press Enter. In the Playback tab, right-click in the empty area and turn on "Show Disabled Devices". If you see "Wave Link Stream" and "Wave Link Headset", right-click each one, choose Enable, then set your preferred one as Default. Repeat the same in the Recording tab. Close with OK and test again.

For context only, Microsoft has documented 24H2 audio regressions affecting virtual audio solutions (they called out Voicemeeter specifically). Once your endpoints are re-enabled, Wave Link should behave as before.If they still don't appear, tell me and I'll try to investigate further, any information on errors and such is highly valuable for me. Let me know please!

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest