Shared family subscription has been cancelled

Anonymous
2025-04-10T10:46:24+00:00

Hi all,

My dad has subscribed to the Microsoft 365 Family since 2020 and shared his subscription with the family. The subscription has been renewed this January.

As I using Word today, a pop-up window appeared saying the My subscription has been cancelled.

I log in to my account (using the email that the subscription was shared to) and it says that that subscription has been cancelled.

Some minutes later same thing happens to my sister's account (again shared subscription).

My dad's subscription is still active and he can uses the office normally.

The subscription is clearly active but disabled on our accounts.

Any help?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T13:40:43+00:00

    I have the same problem. My microsoft family subscription was cancelled on me. I renewed it in October 2024

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T13:41:03+00:00

    I managed to talk to someone and this was the gist: it's a global issue that they're trying to fix. Not much can be done about it, we just have to wait for them to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T13:41:23+00:00

    Exactly what's happening to me. We removed me from the family pack and now the email link keeps saying "expired"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T13:45:28+00:00

    OK, I think I have got my 365 account working again via the following:

    Get the main 365 Family account holder to invite you again via their account's 365 admin console

    You should get a You're Invited automated email. Click Join Now and make sure you're signed in to MS when you accept.

    Close and reload Word/Excel/Outlook etc. and it might all start working again (at least it's now working again for me)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T13:51:08+00:00

    Thanks for the update Nikki - much appreciated

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments