Samsung OneUI 7.0 update causes WORD to not open

Anonymous
2025-05-08T21:24:24+00:00

I recently got the Samsung One UI 7.0 upgrade. (It was forced.) Now WORD, EXCEL, and M365 Copilot will not open. There is a little flash when I try to open them, but no message or other visual. Samsung support has had me clear all cache on the phone, and do a settings reset. I have uninstalled, re-installed, and shut down my phone numerous times. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T09:38:49+00:00

    Scott Lazar's solution worked for me:

    This is what worked. I didn't think I had office mobile app. It didn't show up anywhere, but when I searched in settings it worked. This solved it:

    1. In settings search 'office mobile'
    2. Open office mobile app
    3. 'Force stop'
    4. Try to open and will ask for permissions
    5. Allow all
    6. Try opening word, excel, Power

    Point, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T09:28:17+00:00

    Opening up the Office Mobile App and manually allowing permissions worked :-)

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T08:28:04+00:00

    Thank you Scott - your suggestion worked perfectly. So grateful..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T18:28:23+00:00

    I found a fix on another site or string.

    Go to secure folder.

    Click + to add an app.

    Scroll through apps and will find "Office Mobile" in "hidden apps".

    Install to secure folder.

    Then Uninstall.

    M365 apps started working after doing this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-01T15:56:48+00:00

    This did it for me! thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments