Samsung OneUI 7.0 update causes WORD to not open

Anonymous
2025-05-08T21:24:24+00:00

I recently got the Samsung One UI 7.0 upgrade. (It was forced.) Now WORD, EXCEL, and M365 Copilot will not open. There is a little flash when I try to open them, but no message or other visual. Samsung support has had me clear all cache on the phone, and do a settings reset. I have uninstalled, re-installed, and shut down my phone numerous times. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-13T17:43:58+00:00

    This is what worked. I didn't think I had office mobile app. It didn't show up anywhere, but when I searched in settings it worked. This solved it:

    1. In settings search 'office mobile'
    2. Open office mobile app
    3. 'Force stop'
    4. Try to open and will ask for permissions
    5. Allow all
    6. Try opening word, excel, Power

    Point, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-13T18:57:14+00:00

    Thank you much. This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-17T09:28:24+00:00

    HI, I tried all the fixes mentioned. Attachments open on my phone on another email app but not outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-17T09:58:59+00:00

    This is not good, I use Outlook for work and I can't open attachments to emails. HELP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-18T02:26:19+00:00

    I recently got the Samsung One UI 7.0 upgrade. (It was forced.) Now WORD, EXCEL, and M365 Copilot will not open. There is a little flash when I try to open them, but no message or other visual. Samsung support has had me clear all cache on the phone, and do a settings reset. I have uninstalled, re-installed, and shut down my phone numerous times. Any ideas?

    For me, uninstalling OneNote and everything went ok. I am not sure if the OneNote is old version or not as I have updated from the Google App store and the problem still remain the same until I uninstalled. Is been trouble me since OneUI 7.0 started, luckily I am not using OneNote much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments