Samsung OneUI 7.0 update causes WORD to not open

Anonymous
2025-05-08T21:24:24+00:00

I recently got the Samsung One UI 7.0 upgrade. (It was forced.) Now WORD, EXCEL, and M365 Copilot will not open. There is a little flash when I try to open them, but no message or other visual. Samsung support has had me clear all cache on the phone, and do a settings reset. I have uninstalled, re-installed, and shut down my phone numerous times. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T21:32:59+00:00

    This is what worked. I didn't think I had office mobile app. It didn't show up anywhere, but when I searched in settings it worked. This solved it:

    1. In settings search 'office mobile'
    2. Open office mobile app
    3. 'Force stop'
    4. Try to open and will ask for permissions
    5. Allow all
    6. Try opening word, excel, Power

    Point, etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T23:44:30+00:00

    This solution fixed my issue. I hope it can help others too. Go to your secure folder, settings, then apps. Uninstall all Microsoft Apps in your secure folder, and this should solve the issue. I can now launch M365 and all of its apps as I normally do. Seems like the dual instance of M365 in my secure folder was causing some sort of conflict. Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T20:49:01+00:00

    I cannot open my Word App after the UI 7.0 update. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache both ways (storage + clean cache) and by turning the phone off, (holding power + Volume up) clean cache. Nothing has worked. The Word App still works on my other devices, but not the one that goes everywhere and I do everything on this phone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T20:59:45+00:00

    This is what worked. I didn't think I had office mobile app. It didn't show up anywhere, but when I searched in settings it worked. This solved it:

    1. In settings search 'office mobile'
    2. Open office mobile app
    3. 'Force stop'
    4. Try to open and will ask for permissions
    5. Allow all
    6. Try opening word

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments